Subscribe to d5 ezine

ΕΠd5 HOME ΕΠd5 & dime SHOP ΕΠCHAT room ΕΠWiccaWIKI ΕΠBLOG ΕΠVIBE ΕΠwebmaster ΕΠThe Realm Ξ•Ξ

Welcome to the d5 forum! This serves as a community board for discussing all things fantasy, whether it be role-playing, publishing, arts, folklore and literature (including comics, manga, anime, collectible cards...) YOU are here because YOU are a fan of the extravagant and unexplainable, along with the rest of us. Virtually all you see here has something to do with anything and everything imaginative, inspiring and socially relevant.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Joss Whedon and Buffy the Vampire Slayer  (Read 1362 times)
Animan
Scribe

Favorite drink
HotTea

« on: June 22, 2009, 07:00:31 AM »

You know, I got the first two seasons on DVD for Father's Day. I watched a few of these episodes when they were on the air years ago... I didn't give it too much attention, but there's some quality storytelling going on here.

Meaning, it's not just a good story, but it's paced well. It actually has the feel of a British satire, like ...Munchausen or Brazil. I'm going to call this an underated show.

My interest was renewed after Whedon's success with Firefly and Dollhouse, both great shows. It's fun making a few comparisons while watching Buffy... the strongest comparisons are made with a show called Charmed; a show that is a little easier to make fun of, but it was also good fun and Shannon Doherty chewed up every scene they put her in. But so far, Buffy is much smarter than Charmed, and a little more daring.

"Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry."
No.6
Elite Tourist
Scribe

Favorite drink
Raki

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:52:15 PM »

I too more or less ignored Buffy when it was first on.  Friends of mine were into it big time, but it just never grabbed me.  I did like Angel when it was on, but it was years later before I managed to see all the episodes.  I loved Firefly when it was on, but FOX screwed that pooch with poor advertising and switching when it was on all the time.  Dollhouse has not grabbed me either.  I tried watching it, but it just bores me.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Subscribe to d5 ezine

Return to d5 main page.

Java Fireworks

Ξ•Ξ d5 HOME. ΕΠd5 & dime SHOP ΕΠCHAT room ΕΠWiccaWIKI ΕΠBLOG ΕΠVIBE ΕΠwebmaster ΕΠThe Realm Ξ•Ξ

Dementia Five - The Realm is a privately owned online publishing community for artists and writers. The opinions expressed are those of the authors of the articles posted on this website and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Dementia Five Publishing House. Publication on this website should not be considered an endorsement, and may or may not have copywritten origins. d5 will not be held liable for any damage arising under this disclaimer, or in connection with this website or auxillary websites in the dementia5 domain. d5 does not claim ownership of member posted content outside of posts by the owners, nor do we claim responsibility for said content. Use of this forum, constitutes agreement with these terms which can be suspended at any time by the owners of the website at their discretion. By using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full.