Subscribe to d5 ezine

ΕΠd5 HOME ΕΠd5 & dime SHOP ΕΠCHAT room ΕΠWiccaWIKI ΕΠBLOG ΕΠVIBE ΕΠwebmaster ΕΠThe Realm Ξ•Ξ

Welcome to the d5 forum! This serves as a community board for discussing all things fantasy, whether it be role-playing, publishing, arts, folklore and literature (including comics, manga, anime, collectible cards...) YOU are here because YOU are a fan of the extravagant and unexplainable, along with the rest of us. Virtually all you see here has something to do with anything and everything imaginative, inspiring and socially relevant.

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roleplayer's Anonymous?  (Read 2797 times)
Starbuck

Favorite drink
Margarita

Email
« on: March 18, 2009, 01:10:16 PM »

I'm just curious, how much does your spouse or SO RPG with others? Is there a such a thing as "too much" gaming? Or does he/she support this?

My husband had a session that lasted 19 hours straight. Now this was before we were together, but WOW. I have a half-cousin who served in the military, who told my husband of a gaming session that lasted for 60+ hours straight...

Thanks for any input!
gamerprinter
Bard

Favorite drink
Raki

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 01:31:32 PM »

Reminds me of a friend of mine's son who went to prison on drug charges for two years. His cellmate and he played D&D everyday, but they didn't have books (played on memory and note pad for home rules) used pennies in a shoe box for dice playing 12 hours a day, everyday!

I had weekend games in the Army (25 years ago) that lasted the entire weekend.

Now a days, we play for about 4 to 5 hours on Saturday night every week, with card or board games in between - Nuclear War, Grass, Wiz War, Risk, Killer Bunnies (hate it), and a few other games.

I know very few "wives" who are into gaming like their husbands - I know a few, but very few.

GP
No.6
Elite Tourist
Scribe

Favorite drink
Raki

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 02:45:25 AM »

Some in our group do, some don't.  My wife did for a while, but that whole kid thing got in the way.  Plus, she wasn't all that interested in it, but did enjoy our Star Trek game while it lasted.  A few of our group actually met through gaming, so it's not all bad.   Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Subscribe to d5 ezine

Return to d5 main page.

Java Fireworks

Ξ•Ξ d5 HOME. ΕΠd5 & dime SHOP ΕΠCHAT room ΕΠWiccaWIKI ΕΠBLOG ΕΠVIBE ΕΠwebmaster ΕΠThe Realm Ξ•Ξ

Dementia Five - The Realm is a privately owned online publishing community for artists and writers. The opinions expressed are those of the authors of the articles posted on this website and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Dementia Five Publishing House. Publication on this website should not be considered an endorsement, and may or may not have copywritten origins. d5 will not be held liable for any damage arising under this disclaimer, or in connection with this website or auxillary websites in the dementia5 domain. d5 does not claim ownership of member posted content outside of posts by the owners, nor do we claim responsibility for said content. Use of this forum, constitutes agreement with these terms which can be suspended at any time by the owners of the website at their discretion. By using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full.